There are leaders who let their organizations drag them along as they hold on for dear life. Every workday is another exercise in reacting and trying to manage chaos. There's a significant difference between letting your organization happen to you and making things happen proactively. Do you have a clear vision at this moment of where you want to take your organization? If the answer is no, then ask yourself these questions:
1. Am I doing what I really want to do in my organization?
2. Do I feel successful and fulfilled when I leave work?
3. Does my organization build me up as a professional?
4. Do I have clear goals for the future of my organization?
5. Do I have a strategy or plan for how I will lead?
The answers to these questions will give you an idea of where your leadership could take your organization. Sometimes the only difference between leaders who succeed and those who don't is their ability to plan proactively.
Take a moment this week to ask yourself these questions and to start planning your future success rather than reacting to whatever comes your way. You'll enjoy having a clearer vision of your organization's progress.