Leadership doesn't have to be a painful struggle; there are things you can do to make your life easier as well as taking care of the people around you. Here are some practical ideas:
- Let go of the need to control everyone and everything.
- Let people do their jobs.
- Listen to people.
- Talk much less.
- Take a lunch.
- Do your job instead of everyone else's.
- Brainstorm with other people to generate new ideas.
- View yourself as a facilitator instead of a director.
- Praise people regularly and genuinely.
- Get out of the way.
If you do these things you'll experience 99.9 percent fewer heart attacks and far less stress. Leadership doesn't have to be a horrible ordeal, you can actually get more done with less effort. What other ideas do you have to be a happier leader?