Increasing self-awareness helps you build positive relationships with others and make decisions that help you treat yourself well and move your life in a beneficial direction. Try asking yourself some questions to decide what kind of relationships you want in your life, such as:
- What kind of person do I want to be with?
- How do I want them to treat me?
- What kind of relationship do I want?
- What am I doing to have a great relationship with myself without a significant other in the picture?
- What can I do to make sure I take care of myself and move in a positive direction?
- How do I define love or friendship?
Take some time to think about questions like these. After a while you’ll have a clearer idea of what kind of relationships are best for you.