Negative thoughts can keep you from being the person you really want to be. Here are some examples of negative thoughts guaranteed to hold you back:
- I can't do this.
- I'm not good enough.
- I'll never succeed.
- I'm a loser.
- My parents, siblings, friends, teachers, co-workers, and acquaintances were right about me.
- I'll never amount to anything.
- My dreams don't matter.
- I'll never be who I really want to be.
- That's impossible.
- People like me can't do those types of things.
- I'll continue doing what we've always done.
- You can't change.
- Life is hard.
- I always have bad luck.
- I guess I'll settle for this.
- I prefer to be safe and comfortable.
- Something bad is going to happen.
- I'll look stupid.
Imagine what your life will look like if you say things like these to yourself. As you increase your self-awareness, your thoughts will become more positive because you'll be working toward being the real you, not these statements that tear you down. As you think more clearly and positively, you'll be better able to take positive action to improve your life. The key to success is to think in ways that lead in a positive direction and help you be the real you. What would you add to this list?