People frequently ask me how they can boost their self-esteem, especially when they’re feeling down. Building ourselves up is a lifelong and continuing process. There are no set rules on how we should feel on any given day but there are some things that can help us boost how we feel about ourselves. The great thing about self-esteem is that you can increase it at any time. All it takes is some conscious action. Here are some ideas to help you get started.
- Do things you love doing.
- Celebrate your successes.
- Focus on positive things.
- Associate with people that support you.
- Listen to your inner voice.
- Keep moving forward even when it seems difficult.
- Take small steps but always keep stepping.
- Develop goals you are working toward.
- Do nice things for yourself that don’t cost money.
- Look in the mirror and say positive things to yourself.
Building self esteem is a process of continuing to support and celebrate ourselves. It doesn’t come all at once or even stay constant but we can make sure it is strong by staying active and continuing to move forward. There will always be negative things that come along but if you work on increasing your self-esteem, you will find that you can weather any storm.