A lot of leaders think that self-awareness in the workplace is some touchy-feely thing that has no applicability in the real world. The irony is that self-awareness can help leaders run much more effective and happy organizations with less effort. Here are some of the qualities of leaders who have a deeper knowledge of themselves:
- Ability to empathize.
- They don't get their stuff all over their employees.
- More balanced emotions.
- Greater attentiveness to employee needs.
- Able to see the big picture instead of being stuck in their own brains.
- Open to new ideas.
- They're comfortable with themselves and others.
- Kind to others.
- Behave positively.
- Think in ways that are expansive rather than limiting.
If you and your leadership team possess these qualities, you know how vital they are to running an effective organization. What will you do to increase the self-awareness in your workplace?