A lot of leaders think that self-awareness in the workplace is some touchy-feely thing that has no applicability in the real world. The irony is that self-awareness can help leaders run much more effective and happy organizations with less effort. Here are some of the qualities of leaders who have a deeper knowledge of themselves:
- Ability to empathize.
- They don't get their stuff all over their employees.
- More balanced emotions.
- Greater attentiveness to employee needs.
- Able to see the big picture instead of being stuck in their own brains.
- Open to new ideas.
- They're comfortable with themselves and others.
- Kind to others.
- Behave positively.
- Think in ways that are expansive rather than limiting.