There are many benefits of self-awareness in the workplace, including:
- Non-dictatorial leadership because leaders aren't working out their personal issues on their employees.
- A better work environment because people know how to manage their emotions, thoughts, and actions within themselves and toward each other.
- Greater kindness and empathy because people understand where others are coming from.
- Reduced conflict because people are happier with themselves and less likely to lash out at others.
- Fewer cliques or factions because people are more secure with themselves and aren't afraid of each other.
- Less power struggles because people don't need power to feel good about themselves.
- Improved communication because people don't fear talking about things.
- Greater productivity because people are healthier and spend less time on energy-sapping conflicts and misunderstandings.
When an organization commits to promoting self-awareness, they start the process of developing healthy leaders and employees who get along and accomplish more with less hiccups. Workplace self-awareness takes time and effort, but it produces results down the line because the organization simply runs better.