Many leaders make plans at the beginning of the year and have difficulty keeping up the momentum and enthusiasm they initially have. So how can you make sure you fulfill your goals? Here are some ideas to get you started.
1. Pick a manageable goal. You can always select another if you achieve one.
2. Choose only one thing you want to change. Don't try to do everything at once.
3. Pick a goal that you are very likely to follow through on. This leads to success.
4. Find an outside person to help you reinforce your goal.
5. Develop a plan and stick to it.
6. Take one step then keep walking.
7. Practice, practice, practice. The act of doing things over time creates change.
A significant part of self-awareness is to take an honest look at how you do things and be willing to try something new. Creating a plan gives you the ability to deal with events proactively rather than letting things happen to you and your organization. What will you do to achieve your goals?