People often ask me to give them examples of self-awareness, here are ten:
- You recognize your strengths.
- You're able to identify your areas for improvement and actively work on them.
- Your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors move you in a positive direction.
- You're comfortable around other people's emotions, even when they're intense.
- You are always working on understanding yourself better and living consciously.
- You actively seek help to resolve the hurts from your past.
- You understand how your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors affect not only you, but also others.
- You are able to manage your self-talk and distinguish between reality and fiction.
- You are comfortable socially.
- You are pursuing a life that reflects who you really are deep down inside.
Developing self-awareness doesn't just happen by reading a book or attending a workshop, it's a process of working on yourself and understanding how you function and how it affects you and the world around you. What are you doing to increase your self-awareness?