A major part of self-awareness is understanding how other people see you. This means that you clearly comprehend how your thoughts and actions affect not only you but others as well. When you understand the impact you have on others you can make the appropriate changes so that you get better results. The key is to be yourself and allow others to do the same. Here are some signs that you possess the self-awareness necessary to understand how other people see you:
- You're not constantly in the middle of conflicts.
- Other people seem to like you.
- You build positive relationships.
- You behave with kindness, empathy, and compassion.
- You don't do things to hurt others.
- You don't care about competition.
- You don't have a massive, unhealthy, out of control ego.
- You do things that benefit others.
- You behave selflessly, without expecting something in return.