Here are fifteen benefits of developing self-awareness:
- You heal the hurts from your past.
- You're in touch with your emotions, are able to feel them, and can use them to move in a positive direction. You're also comfortable with other people's emotions.
- You understand your strengths and areas for improvement.
- You treat yourself and others with kindness, empathy, and compassion.
- You do things to make the world a better place.
- You focus on the deeper things in life rather than living superficially.
- You get to know the real you and live your life accordingly.
- You let go of the need for power and control and focus instead on being the best person you can be without dominating others or having to win.
- People like you at home and at work.
- You don't have the constant internal conflict of saying one thing and doing another.
- You're generally happy and balanced, even in difficult situations.
- You understand why you feel, think, and do things.
- You learn and grow each day.
- You become a nice person.
- You enjoy life.
When you develop self-awareness you have a wonderful opportunity to move beyond all the garbage that creates conflict, chaos, confusion, and misery in your life and focus instead on living a kind, joyful, deeply introspective and fulfilling existence. When you're fully self-aware, you no longer live day to day, reacting to everything, you get to be the real you and do what you really love in life.