What does it mean to be self-aware? Here are some of the characteristics of people who possess self-awareness:
- They have the ability to deal with their emotions, thoughts, and behaviors and channel them in positive ways.
- They know who they are deep inside and work each day to live their dreams.
- They can deal positively with other people's emotions, thinking, and behaviors.
- They are genuinely happy because they are themselves.
- They are on their true path in life.
- They are psychologically healthy.
- They treat themselves and others well.
- The enjoy positive relationships.
- They have less conflict and strife in their lives.
- They live proactively rather than reactively.
- They feel more at peace inside.
Being self-aware simply means that you're mindful of who you are, how you treat yourself and others, how you deal with challenges, and how you interact with your environment. Self-aware people live happier, more fulfilling lives because they've done the work necessary to arrive at a place of calm. What would you add to this list?