Self-awareness means looking at yourself because you want to live consciously instead of reacting to the things going on inside or around you. It's very difficult to create forward momentum in your life if you're not willing to look at your strengths and areas for improvement. Here are some questions to ask yourself to help you examine who you are:
- What are some things you do well?
- What are some things about yourself you would improve?
- What does it feel like to be fulfilled?
- What does it feel like when things don't go so well?
- Which of your thoughts, feelings and behaviors have led to success and which ones have led to less than positive results?
- What one thing would you change today if you could?
- What brings you deep joy in life?
- What things do you find meaningful?
- What would you be doing right now if you were living authentically?
Your answers to these questions will help you take a look at yourself and begin to understand what makes you think, feel and do the things you do. The key to self-awareness is to live consciously rather than reactively. The more you know yourself, the easier it is to live meaningfully. What will you do to take a deeper look at yourself?