People who possess self-awareness tend to be open-minded because they are able to examine, reflect upon, and even critique themselves. When you’re open-minded you do things like:
- Examine yourself.
- Welcome new points of view.
- Change your mind.
- See things from various perspectives.
- Venture into the dark side as well as the light.
- See each day as an opportunity to explore something.
- Share your deeper self with the world.
If you’re closed-minded you do the opposite of these things and you live a very different kind of life. One of the reasons I love providing life coaching, workshops, and retreats for people who value self-awareness is that they are receptive to new and interesting ways of seeing things.
What are your thoughts on being open-minded?