The path to self-awareness is populated by many individuals who claim to know and understand themselves but do things like:
- Treat people poorly.
- Work out their personal issues on others.
- Don't understand why they think, feel and behave the way they do.
- Are mesmerized or infatuated by the concept of self-awareness but reluctant to take a deeper look at themselves.
- Are stuck thinking and behaving the way they always have.
- Live life unconsciously.
- Are healthy in one part of their lives but profoundly damaged in others.
- The various parts of their personality don't interact well.
- The have unhealed hurts and unresolved issues but conveniently ignore them.
When you possess genuine self-awareness you understand yourself on a deeper level and live a life of balance and compassion because you know your strengths and areas for improvement and are constantly working on being the most balanced and healthy you possible. You're whole overall, not just in bits and pieces. What will you do to move past selective self-awareness?