The world teems with people who are broken and don't yet have the self-awareness to heal themselves and live healthy, balanced lives. To clarify: I don't believe anyone is actually broken, I'm using the word to refer to people who don't yet realize they could be significantly happier and more whole by:
- Discovering who they really are; their talents, passions, dreams.
- Healing their hurts and unresolved issues.
- Loving themselves so they can live healthily and feel empathy toward others.
- Letting go of the need to be right, win, or dominate others.
- Living their lives as themselves, doing the things they really find meaningful.
- Behaving with love, kindness and empathy toward themselves and others.
- Finding strength inside themselves instead of from an outside source.
- Being comfortable with all their emotions.
- Doing away with negative thoughts and behaviors.
- Waking up each day full of joy, peace and balance.
Imagine how powerful you would be if you did one of these things, or if you did most or all of them. As a person striving to increase your self-awareness, you get to decide what kind of life you live. If you already do the things on this list, you know how wonderful they make you feel and how they help make the world a better place for everyone. What will you do to move past being broken?