When you have a high degree of self-awareness you're able to reduce workplace conflict by being part of the solution rather than instigating or perpetuating it. Here are some characteristics you likely possess if you're a person who lessens conflict:
- You view conflict as an opportunity for everyone to get on the same page and win.
- You understand that conflict is a signal that something needs attention.
- You know what triggers conflict inside you and are able to manage it.
- You consciously decide to think, feel and behave positively when conflict arises.
- You make it easier to find solutions to the conflict.
- You act in good faith.
- You don't perpetuate the conflict by taking sides.
- You're not followed by conflict wherever you go.
- You don't need to prove anything.
- You don't have to be on top of people.
The more you know yourself the less conflict you invite into your life because, when you're happy with who you are, you tend to do things that help others do the same instead of perpetuating behaviors that cultivate conflict. What will you do to reduce the amount of conflict in your workplace?