One of the characteristics of someone who lacks self-awareness is making things more difficult for others. When you don't know yourself well, you can't pull back far enough to realize how your behavior affects other people so you might do things like:
- Treat people poorly.
- Behave without empathy.
- Think the whole world should bend to your point of view.
- Frequently create situations that damage other people.
- Do things that make others work harder.
- Create a pattern of negative interactions and relationships.
- Complicate things to gain power or control.
- Make unrealistic demands.
- Act as a gatekeeper.
- Fail to take responsibility for your actions.
The antidote to these behaviors is to get to know yourself on a deeper level and become genuinely comfortable with who you are. The happier you are, the less stress you'll create for others because you won't be working out your personal issues on them. What will you do to make things less difficult for others?