If you possess a high level of self-awareness you're probably not living superficially, which means that you enjoy life on a deeper level. People who don't know themselves well tend to think, feel and behave in ways that are almost exclusively superficial and, ultimately, unfulfilling. The more you understand yourself the easier it is for you to go below the surface and appreciate the nuance and complexity inside and around you. There are many benefits to going deeper:
- You get to live your life based on your real dreams, talents, and abilities.
- You get to connect with others on a more meaningful level.
- You enjoy fulfilling conversations and interactions.
- You know more about yourself and understand others more completely.
- People know the real you.
- Your relationships are based on deeper interaction.
- You share yourself with the world.
- You're genuinely happy.
Some people go through their entire lives living superficially and miss out on all the rich, gratifying experiences that living more deeply provides. What will you do to keep increasing your self-awareness and move beyond living superficially?