A great way to start building self-awareness is to decide to do it. People often don't realize that it takes deliberate and ongoing (lifelong) effort to achieve self-awareness. You don't just wake up one day and decide you know yourself perfectly, you commit to learning about yourself throughout your journey. Here are some ideas to help you start your self-discovery process:
- Make a list of your strengths.
- Make a list of your areas for improvement.
- Brainstorm some ideas of what you'd like to work on to become more self-aware.
- Pick one brainstorm item to start working on.
- Do one small thing to work on your brainstorm item.
- See how things go. Make adjustments if necessary.
- Pick another item to work on.
Increasing self-awareness requires dedication and deliberate, ongoing action. You get to know yourself by constantly working on becoming a healthier, happier, more balanced person. Where will you start?