I'm often asked whether one can tell when someone has self-awareness. When you're working on understanding yourself well you might be doing some of the following things:
- Becoming the most effective you possible.
- Functioning well in life.
- Achieving what you want.
- Finding happiness and balance.
- Letting go of negative behaviors.
- Being comfortable with who you are.
- Resolving personal issues.
- Enjoying your career.
- Loving yourself and others.
- Living consciously.
- Being proactive rather than reactive.
Many people let life happen to them because they feel they can't change or develop in any way. The good news is that anyone can move in any direction as long as he or she is willing to put in the effort to make things happen. You decide what happens in your life and whether you believe in using self-awareness as a tool to help you grow and succeed.