Here are some ideas on how to build self-awareness:
- Decide to get to know yourself at a deeper level.
- Let go of thoughts and behaviors in your past that haven't led to positive results.
- Think of an area of your life you'd like to improve.
- Brainstorm ideas of how to work on that area.
- Pick one of your brainstorm items and start working on it.
- Monitor your progress as you go along.
- Repeat the process.
A lot of people think that self-awareness is something you acquire by chance or as you age, but it really requires recognizing and interrupting negative patterns in your life and consciously moving in a different direction. What will you do to build self-awareness?