Here are twenty-five characteristics of a self-aware person:
- You're able to look inside yourself.
- You understand how your thoughts and behaviors affect you and the people around you.
- You're able to manage your emotions and comfortably deal with other people's emotions.
- You don't walk through life hurting others.
- You treat yourself and others well.
- You're generally happy and balanced.
- You live a meaningful and fulfilling life.
- You know who you are deep inside.
- You follow your dreams.
- You listen to your inner voice.
- You build healthy relationships.
- You don't get into a lot of conflicts.
- You don't try to control other people.
- You behave with kindness and empathy.
- You don't feel you have to win or beat people.
- You heal your inner damage.
- You derive your self-esteem from being a healthy person.
- You listen to other people.
- You don't feel threatened by new or different ideas.
- You live based on reality.
- You give to others.
- You don't have an inflated ego.
- You don't make excuses for the mistakes you make.
- You're willing to change.
- You're a nice person.
Being self-aware means that you've done the work necessary to understand who you really are and fix the things that cause you or others discomfort. When you possess self-awareness, you're in touch with your emotions, thoughts, and actions, so that you can live a life where you treat yourself and others with care and compassion and help build a better world.