A lot of people ask me, “What are the benefits of self-awareness?” Here are some examples:
- You know yourself better, you understand your strengths and areas for improvement.
- You live as the real you, not someone else.
- You heal the hurts from your past.
- You live consciously, following your true path in life instead of just letting things randomly happen to you.
- You learn how to emphasize the positive aspects of your personality.
- Your thoughts match your actions and move in a positive direction.
- You live courageously instead of fearfully.
- You avoid making the same mistakes over and over.
- You get along well with other people and enjoy more fulfilling relationships.
- You do nice things for others.
- You’re open to a wide range of ideas and experiences.
- You make the world a better place.
- You shine.
If you think about it, self-awareness just means that you know yourself so well that you become amazingly happy and balanced, which in turn allows you to live a wonderful life.