The whole point of getting to know yourself is to move past reacting unconsciously to whatever comes your way to being mindful of what you're feeling, thinking, and doing. Here are ten ways self-awareness can improve your personal and professional life:
- You're able to feel the entire range of your emotions and deal with them positively.
- You understand yourself well and are genuinely comfortable with who you are; not just pretending you are so you don't look weak.
- You've worked out the negative issues from your childhood and formative years.
- You have a consistent pattern of thinking and behavior where all the areas of your life relate well to each other and aren't in conflict.
- You do things that help make the world a better place, not just that benefit you and the people in your immediate social and professional circles.
- You're able to empathize with other people; their joys, struggles, and day-to-day lives.
- You feel so good about yourself that other people aren't a threat and you don't have a need to compete with them or defeat them in any way.
- You build other people up instead of tearing them down.
- You feel like your life has a deeper meaning that comes from within you, not from the outside.
- You live life as the real you; following your dreams and doing what you really want to do in life.
When you possess self-awareness you'll be actively working on issues like these at all times and continually discovering more about yourself. The goal is simple: Live a happy life, spread good vibes, and make the world a better place for as many people as possible. How has self-awareness improved your life?