One of the biggest benefits of building self-awareness is that it reduces anger. If you wake up each day and don't pursue your dreams, go to a job you hate, hang out with people who don't value the real you, stuff your feelings, or pretend you're fulfilled, you're very likely to be upset. Living this way leads to anger because you're just not happy. Here are some ideas on how you can use self-awareness to improve the situation:
- Agree with yourself to move in a new direction.
- Get to know who you are deep inside.
- Understand your strengths and areas for improvement.
- Choose one thing to work on.
- Take action each day to create movement in your life.
- Praise yourself each time you notice a positive change.
- Repeat the process.
People feel unsettled and upset when they're not living authentically or doing things they find meaningful. What will you do to be less angry?