People who possess a high level of self-awareness tend to be good at listening, which is one of the most vital skills to live consciously, meaningfully and compassionately. The ability to listen allows you to:
- Avoid getting your stuff all over other people.
- Learn more about other people.
- Avoid jumping to conclusions.
- Honor other people.
- Treat people with respect.
- Build trust.
- Connect on a deeper level.
- Practice self-awareness by not stepping on the important things people are trying to tell you.
- Show how healthy and balanced you are.
- Build positive relationships.
It takes a lot of restraint to let go of having to be in the spotlight and give other people the time and space to tell their stories but it will help you live a richer and more meaningful life. What will you do to listen more?