Self-awareness is a significant part of personal development and it refers to being aware of how your thoughts and behaviors affect you and others. Many people are aware enough to identify things that need attention in their lives but they forget to take action to make it happen. There's a big difference between knowing you do something and understanding it well enough to move it in a positive direction. Here are some signs you're self-aware:
- You're able to deal with and direct your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors.
- You build positive relationships, including the one you have with yourself.
- You genuinely like yourself and others do as well.
- You live life based on what you really love doing.
- You know yourself well.
- You treat yourself and others with kindness and empathy.
- You understand how the things you feel, think, and do affect you and others.