When you enjoy a high level of self-awareness you're also likely in touch with your emotions, which helps you relate well to others and live a happier life. Here are some of the characteristics of emotional depth:
- You recognize and understand other people's feelings.
- You understand how your emotions affect others.
- You don't work out your personal hurts on other people.
- You don't blindly run over people because you're trying to ignore or placate some deeper emotional issue inside you.
- You don't pretend emotions don't exist or put down people who are "too emotional."
- People like you.
- You're successful because you're a nice person.
- You live a life of empathy.
Many people think that being emotional is something to be avoided at all costs when it's really just a natural part of being a human being. It's how you deal with your emotions that impacts how balanced and at peace you are. What will you do to increase your emotional depth?