Here are ten ways to achieve self-awareness:
- Resolve to move beyond living superficially and decide that you want to take a deeper look at yourself.
- Set aside regular time to think about who you are as a person.
- Identify your talents and celebrate the things you do well.
- Identify the areas you need to improve and work on improving them.
- Identify the hurts from your past that need healing and work on healing them.
- Decide what really brings you joy in life, your passions, and take action each day to live based on these ideals.
- Think and do things that bring you meaning.
- Think and do things that extend beyond you and help as many other people as possible.
- Think, feel and behave positively.
- Continue learning and growing in your mind and in the physical world.
Building self-awareness isn't a short-term endeavor, it requires ongoing, deliberate and mindful action. You don't have to do everything at once, just pick one area you would like to build on and begin your journey.