There are many advantages to possessing self-awareness including:
- A deeper knowledge of who you are.
- A clearer understanding of why you think, feel and act the way you do.
- The ability to build more meaningful relationships at work and in your personal life.
- You can live life as the real you.
- The ability to read other people and understand where they're coming from.
- You can interact with others without getting your stuff all over them.
- You realize that not everything is about you.
- You create less conflict.
- You spread positive vibes because you're happy with yourself.
- You have the opportunity to work on your hurts and genuinely like yourself.
- You have a big picture view of who you are and how you interact with the people around you and the events in your life.
When you're thinking about the advantages of self-awareness, it's important to realize that you get to decide how you think, feel and behave in life. If you understand yourself well, you'll be much more likely to let go of the stuff that doesn't work and live a life of joy and fulfillment. How will you start building self-awareness?