Why are people not self-aware? Because they've never been taught how to be or had an example in their lives of how to do it. When you've never been exposed to something, your likelihood of knowing anything about it is nil. In my experience, the vast majority of people have only the most basic self-awareness; they understand that they're alive and that they want certain things but not much beyond that. The key to developing deeper self-awareness is to do things like the following:
- Discover who you really are deep inside and follow your true path in life.
- Heal your hurts so they won't affect how you treat yourself and others.
- Learn how your emotions, thoughts, and behaviors affect you and others and do everything in your power to move them in a positive experience.
- Be comfortable in your own skin.
- Be truly happy because you're living a kind, honest, deeply fulfilling life from your very core.
- Treat people with empathy and compassion.
- Make the world a better place.
Self-awareness doesn't just happen, it requires moving past the basics of simply existing to living a life of consciousness and deliberateness. You'll know you're self-aware when you no longer just barely make it through each day but rather live with great joy, kindness, and fulfillment.