Self-awareness and facts compliment each other because you can't live authentically unless you're willing to look at who you really are and what you actually do in life. People run into all kinds of trouble when they ignore what's really happening inside and around them. It's very difficult to pretend you're someone you're not and deny how you think and behave. Here are some signs that you may be ignoring the facts:
- You think in ways that are based on fiction rather than verifiable reality.
- You have an image of yourself that doesn't match your actions.
- When you try to fact check your thoughts and beliefs, you have difficulty finding empirical evidence to back them up.
- Your facts are based on fears or hurts you possess deep inside.
- Your facts cover up who you really are.
- The image you show the world is not the real you.
- You don't do any work to become healthier or more balanced.
- You have various areas of your inner life in conflict with each other.
- You have to justify and rationalize your actions to yourself and others.
- You feel dissatisfied and unfulfilled inside.
Just reading this list is exhausting and deflating because it's the opposite of self-awareness, fulfillment, joy, peace, and enlightenment. Thankfully, you can take a candid look at yourself any time you choose and move in a more positive direction by examining the actual results of your thoughts and behaviors. What will you do to pay attention to the facts in your life?