Self-awareness and political correctness go hand in hand because a major part of being comfortable with yourself is treating others with kindness and compassion. It's really difficult to be genuinely happy when you're stepping on someone. The way you feel about yourself deep inside is reflected in how you perceive and interact with others. When you live a life of introspection, openness, flexibility and balance, you welcome other perspectives without feeling threatened. Here are some ideas to move past struggling with political correctness:
- Be happy with yourself so you can treat others positively.
- Get to know yourself well so you can get to know others.
- Look beyond your own immediate needs.
- Practice empathy and kindness.
- Consider other points of view without feeling attacked.
- Let go of the need to control or dominate others.
It takes conscious and deliberate effort to think of others and behave in a kind, empathic, respectful way. The key to living a fulfilling life is to be so happy about who you are that you do everything in your power not to hurt other people. What will you do to increase your self-awareness to treat yourself and others well?