When you possess a high level of self-awareness you relate to people more effectively because you're comfortable with yourself and are able to step outside your own brain and connect with others on a deeper level. If you have a difficult time getting along with others or are uncomfortable in social situations there are some things you can do:
- Get to know yourself well and be as happy and healthy inside as you can be.
- Consistently think and do positive things.
- Avoid justifying or rationalizing your behaviors that don't build positive relationships.
- Work on healing your inner hurts and resolving the difficult issues in your life so they don't get in the way of building positive relationships.
- Be in touch with your entire range of feelings.
- Actively pursue your dreams so you can help others do the same.
- Don't assume other people think or act like you, accept their way of doing things.
- Treat people with kindness and compassion.
- Learn how to trust others.
- Collaborate with others instead of competing with them.
The happier and healthier you are inside the easier it will be to get along with others. What will you do to relate well with the people in your life?