There's a big difference between saying you're happy and behaving in ways that reflect genuine joy, fulfillment and balance. If you're actively practicing self-awareness, you know that finding happiness is an ongoing learning and growth process. You can't just wake up one day and declare that you're happy, it requires gradual, deliberate and conscious work. Here are some questions you can ask yourself to see if you're genuinely happy:
- In what ways does my current career reflect my dreams?
- In what ways do I feel long-term happiness?
- In what ways am I actively healing my unresolved issues?
- In what ways can I like myself more?
- In what ways can I improve how I treat myself?
- In what ways am I learning and growing each day?
- In what ways am I building self-awareness each day?
- In what ways am I becoming emotionally healthy each day?
- In what ways can I improve how I interact with others?
Each day is an opportunity to become a more well-rounded individual in your personal or professional life. The key to being authentically happy is to move beyond temporary or superficial contentment to feeling fulfilled on a deeper level. You'll know you're genuinely happy when you think and function in a way that reflects who you really are deep inside. What will you do to be truly happy?