Leaders are often are so used to conducting business a certain way that they forget to take the time initially to define the values that are important to them an their company. Values are the guiding principles that direct how you conduct business and how your customers and the world in general view your company.
Think about the following points as you start defining your company’s values:
1. What is the reason for your company’s existence?
2. In what ways does your company help the world?
3. What would you like to hear people say about your company?
4. How do you treat your employees?
5. How do you treat our customers or clients?
6. What are the guiding principles that affect everything you do?
7. What’s meaningful about your company?
When you have thought carefully and written down the answers to these questions you can begin the process of defining the values of your company and creating a culture based on them.
Values will help you create a coherent presence in the business world. They will broadcast who you are and attract a clientele that appreciates the same things you do. They will also help you create an organization based on the things that really matter. What are your company values?