Retirement can be both an exciting and challenging time in life but you can retire with self-awareness and foresight. The key to living the next faze of your life meaningfully is to ask yourself questions like:
- Will I continue working?
- What is my passion in life and am I pursuing it?
- What unresolved issues do I need to fix in my life?
- How is my relationship with those I love?
- What are my skills and talents?
- What will I do with the rest of my life.
- What brings me great joy and am I doing that?
Take a moment to think about who you really are as a person and what you want to purposefully do with your life. When I coach people, I help them clarify what they want out of life and plan for the future. I'm always amazed at the wonderful things that people can do when they follow their dreams.
As you think about retirement, try to include things you love and that have great meaning to you. Retirement can be a wonderful time to show the world who you are and leave your mark as the great person you are.